Education and Training:
- College: Amherst College, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Medical School: Harvard Medical School, M.D.
- Medical Internship and Residency: New York Hospital Cornell Medical Center
- Cardiology Fellowship: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship in Invasive Cardiology: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Research in Echocardiography: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Attending Physician, New York Hospital Cornell Medical Center
- New York Presbyterian Hospital Consultant
- Hospital for Special Surgery
- Clinical Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Diseases (Cardiology)
- Member, American College of Internal Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Member, New York County Medical Society
- Member, Physicians Scientific Society
- Member, Aesculapian Club (Harvard Medical School)
Honors and Awards:
- John Woodruff Simpson Fellow for the Study of Medicine at Harvard
- Annual Listing “Best Doctors in America” 2005-date
- Perkin Heart Failure Program at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Cornell Medical Center Dedicated in Honor of Dr. Franklin in 2005
- Who's Who in America, Castle Connolly Top Doctors Cardiovascular Disease
"Professional, accurate diagnosis, caring staff and doctor."
"They have some of the best customer service I have ever seen."
"Exemplifies warm competent professionalism."